Carl Soderberg out vs. Senators; Bruins recall David Warsofsky and Nick Johnson
|12.28.13 at 12:37 pm ET|
Carl Soderberg did not travel to Ottawa and will not play Saturday night against the Senators, according to the Bruins. With both Soderberg and Dennis Seidenberg out, the Bruins have recalled forward Nick Johnson and defenseman David Warsofsky from Providence.
This is the second injury of the season for Soderberg, who missed the first six games with an ankle injury suffered during the preseason. He joins Seidenberg, Dougie Hamilton, Loui Eriksson, Chris Kelly and the suspended Shawn Thornton as players currently out of Boston’s lineup.
Johnson and Warsofky had been up with the Bruins this month and had played seven and three games, respectively. Both players were sent down Tuesday.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara