Carl Soderberg out vs. Senators; Bruins recall David Warsofsky and Nick Johnson
|12.28.13 at 12:37 pm ET|
Carl Soderberg did not travel to Ottawa and will not play Saturday night against the Senators, according to the Bruins. With both Soderberg and Dennis Seidenberg out, the Bruins have recalled forward Nick Johnson and defenseman David Warsofsky from Providence.
This is the second injury of the season for Soderberg, who missed the first six games with an ankle injury suffered during the preseason. He joins Seidenberg, Dougie Hamilton, Loui Eriksson, Chris Kelly and the suspended Shawn Thornton as players currently out of Boston’s lineup.
Johnson and Warsofky had been up with the Bruins this month and had played seven and three games, respectively. Both players were sent down Tuesday.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time