Dougie Hamilton and Carl Soderberg near return, Loui Eriksson still not close
|01.01.14 at 1:15 pm ET|
Both Dougie Hamilton and Carl Soderberg are possibilities for Thursday’s game against the Predators. As such, the Bruins sent forward Nick Johnson back to Providence on Wednesday.
Hamilton, who has not played since Dec. 8 due to a lower-body injury, has been given the “full go” by the team’s medical staff and is “certainly a possibility” for Thursday’s game, according to B’s head coach Claude Julien.
Julien added that Soderberg has also been cleared and “should be in the lineup” against Nashville. The 28-year-old practiced Wednesday wearing a third-line jersey. Soderberg has missed the last two games with concussion symptoms but said Wednesday that he did not have a concussion.
‘No, it was not a concussion,” Soderberg said. “I was fine. Yeah, I’m all set to go.’
Loui Eriksson was also on the ice for Wednesday’s practice, but he wore a green jersey (which are usually only used designate extra players) and did not take contact. Julien said that Eriksson, who is working his way back from his second concussion of the season, is “still a ways away” from returning to Boston’s lineup.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara