Ten women with local ties named to U.S. Olympic hockey team
|01.01.14 at 4:06 pm ET|
Ten women with local ties were named to the U.S. Olympic team during the second intermission of Wednesday’s Winter Classic. Harvard led the way among local colleges with four players (two current, two former) making the team, including 2007 graduate Julie Chu, who is appearing in her fourth Olympics. Five Massachusetts natives made the team.
Here is the full list of U.S. players with local ties:
-G Molly Schaus – Natick, Mass. – Boston College ’11
-D Kacey Bellamy – Westfield, Mass. – New Hampshire ’09
-D Michelle Picard – Taunton, Mass. – Harvard junior
-D Josephine Pucci – Pearl River, N.Y. – Harvard ’13
-F Alex Carpenter – North Reading, Mass. – Boston College junior
-F Kendall Coyne – Palos Heights, Ill. – Northeastern junior
-F Julie Chu – Fairfield, Conn. – Harvard ’07
-F Meghan Duggan – Danvers, Mass. – Wisconsin ’11
-F Lyndsey Fry – Chandler, Ariz. – Harvard senior
-F Kelli Stack – Brooklyn Heights, Ohio – Boston College ’11
The team’s full roster can be found here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season