Ten women with local ties named to U.S. Olympic hockey team
|01.01.14 at 4:06 pm ET|
Ten women with local ties were named to the U.S. Olympic team during the second intermission of Wednesday’s Winter Classic. Harvard led the way among local colleges with four players (two current, two former) making the team, including 2007 graduate Julie Chu, who is appearing in her fourth Olympics. Five Massachusetts natives made the team.
Here is the full list of U.S. players with local ties:
-G Molly Schaus – Natick, Mass. – Boston College ’11
-D Kacey Bellamy – Westfield, Mass. – New Hampshire ’09
-D Michelle Picard – Taunton, Mass. – Harvard junior
-D Josephine Pucci – Pearl River, N.Y. – Harvard ’13
-F Alex Carpenter – North Reading, Mass. – Boston College junior
-F Kendall Coyne – Palos Heights, Ill. – Northeastern junior
-F Julie Chu – Fairfield, Conn. – Harvard ’07
-F Meghan Duggan – Danvers, Mass. – Wisconsin ’11
-F Lyndsey Fry – Chandler, Ariz. – Harvard senior
-F Kelli Stack – Brooklyn Heights, Ohio – Boston College ’11
The team’s full roster can be found here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara