Ten women with local ties named to U.S. Olympic hockey team
|01.01.14 at 4:06 pm ET|
Ten women with local ties were named to the U.S. Olympic team during the second intermission of Wednesday’s Winter Classic. Harvard led the way among local colleges with four players (two current, two former) making the team, including 2007 graduate Julie Chu, who is appearing in her fourth Olympics. Five Massachusetts natives made the team.
Here is the full list of U.S. players with local ties:
-G Molly Schaus – Natick, Mass. – Boston College ’11
-D Kacey Bellamy – Westfield, Mass. – New Hampshire ’09
-D Michelle Picard – Taunton, Mass. – Harvard junior
-D Josephine Pucci – Pearl River, N.Y. – Harvard ’13
-F Alex Carpenter – North Reading, Mass. – Boston College junior
-F Kendall Coyne – Palos Heights, Ill. – Northeastern junior
-F Julie Chu – Fairfield, Conn. – Harvard ’07
-F Meghan Duggan – Danvers, Mass. – Wisconsin ’11
-F Lyndsey Fry – Chandler, Ariz. – Harvard senior
-F Kelli Stack – Brooklyn Heights, Ohio – Boston College ’11
The team’s full roster can be found here.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5