Dougie Hamilton and Carl Soderberg to return vs. Predators, Niklas Svedberg to start
|01.02.14 at 12:02 pm ET|
The banged-up Bruins will get two players back from injury Thursday night as Dougie Hamilton (lower-body) and Carl Soderberg (concussion symptoms) will be in the lineup vs. the Predators. Goaltender Niklas Svedberg was recalled Thursday morning and will make his NHL debut.
Hamilton has not played since Dec. 8 but took line rushes with Matt Bartkowski in Thursday’s morning skate. After the skate, Claude Julien said that both Hamilton and Soderberg would play. With Hamilton back on the Bruins’ blue line, Kevan Miller will be a healthy scratch.
Svedberg was recalled last week with the team intending to start him last Saturday. However, the team had to send him back to Providence in order to recall Zach Trotman in wake of Dennis Seidenberg‘s season-ending torn ACL/MCL.
“That’s how it works,” Svedberg said Thursday of his bad luck last weekend. “You just move on and go back to Providence, play there and wait to get another chance. Fortunately, I got that pretty soon [after].”
The 24-year-old Svedberg has appeared in 22 games for Providence this season, going 13-5-3 with a .909 save percentage and a 2.87 save-percentage. Though Chad Johnson won the NHL backup job out of training camp, the Bruins had said they intended to get Svedberg into some NHL games this season.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara