Justin Florek assigned to Providence and recalled again
|01.06.14 at 5:25 am ET|
The Bruins sent forward Justin Florek back to Providence Sunday, a day after he made his NHL debut in the team’s win over the Jets. The team then recalled him Monday in order to bring him on their upcoming three-game road trip.
The 6-foot-4 winger performed well in his first NHL game, skating on the team’s fourth line in place of Jordan Caron and providing a screen on a Torey Krug goal. Claude Julien had said after the game that the team might assign the player to Providence so he could play Sunday, though he did allow for the possibility that the team might call him back up before departing for this week’s west coast road trip.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara