Bruins activate Loui Eriksson, send Justin Florek to Providence
|01.11.14 at 9:50 pm ET|
The Bruins activated Loui Eriksson from injured reserve and sent forward Justin Florek to Providence Saturday.
The move allows Eriksson to return to the lineup after missing the last 15 games with his second concussion of the season.
Florek, who was recalled last week to play in place of Jordan Caron, played very well on the fourth line for the B’s over the last three games. The 6-foot-4 winger provided a screen on a Torey Krug goal, assisted a Daniel Paille goal over the first two games of his callup and scored his first NHL goal Thursday against the Kings.
Florek will likely be replaced by Shawn Thornton against the Sharks as Thornton returns from a 15-game suspension.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5