Bruins activate Loui Eriksson, send Justin Florek to Providence
|01.11.14 at 9:50 pm ET|
The Bruins activated Loui Eriksson from injured reserve and sent forward Justin Florek to Providence Saturday.
The move allows Eriksson to return to the lineup after missing the last 15 games with his second concussion of the season.
Florek, who was recalled last week to play in place of Jordan Caron, played very well on the fourth line for the B’s over the last three games. The 6-foot-4 winger provided a screen on a Torey Krug goal, assisted a Daniel Paille goal over the first two games of his callup and scored his first NHL goal Thursday against the Kings.
Florek will likely be replaced by Shawn Thornton against the Sharks as Thornton returns from a 15-game suspension.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara