Bruins send Matt Fraser to Providence
|01.12.14 at 9:12 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Sunday night that they have sent forward Matt Fraser back to Providence. Fraser was recalled last month after the Bruins lost two forwards to injury and Shawn Thornton to a suspension in the team’s Dec. 7 meeting with the Penguins.
Fraser, 23, had two goals and no assists to go with an even rating. Playing mostly on the team’s third line, Fraser also had a pair of fights, but had just one shot on goal over his last six games. He was made a healthy scratch Saturday with the return Loui Eriksson and Thornton.
In 23 games for Providence this season, Fraser has 16 goals and five assists for 21 points.
For more Bruins news, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara