Bruins send Matt Fraser to Providence
|01.12.14 at 9:12 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Sunday night that they have sent forward Matt Fraser back to Providence. Fraser was recalled last month after the Bruins lost two forwards to injury and Shawn Thornton to a suspension in the team’s Dec. 7 meeting with the Penguins.
Fraser, 23, had two goals and no assists to go with an even rating. Playing mostly on the team’s third line, Fraser also had a pair of fights, but had just one shot on goal over his last six games. He was made a healthy scratch Saturday with the return Loui Eriksson and Thornton.
In 23 games for Providence this season, Fraser has 16 goals and five assists for 21 points.
For more Bruins news, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season