Bruins send Matt Fraser to Providence
|01.12.14 at 9:12 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Sunday night that they have sent forward Matt Fraser back to Providence. Fraser was recalled last month after the Bruins lost two forwards to injury and Shawn Thornton to a suspension in the team’s Dec. 7 meeting with the Penguins.
Fraser, 23, had two goals and no assists to go with an even rating. Playing mostly on the team’s third line, Fraser also had a pair of fights, but had just one shot on goal over his last six games. He was made a healthy scratch Saturday with the return Loui Eriksson and Thornton.
In 23 games for Providence this season, Fraser has 16 goals and five assists for 21 points.
For more Bruins news, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5