Adam McQuaid leaves Sunday’s game vs. Blackhawks with undisclosed injury
|01.19.14 at 3:52 pm ET|
CHICAGO — Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid did not play the final 11:26 of the second period and missed the remainder of the team’s 3-2 shootout loss to the Blackhawks Sunday.
Following the game, Claude Julien offered no update on McQuaid, who has missed a combined 17 games due to a lower-body injury that twice kept him out of the lineup for stretches at a time.
“I don’t like saying it the night of because he needs to be looked at by a doctor,” Julien said. “We’ll look at him tomorrow. It just obviously wasn’t good enough to finish the game, but we’ll evaluate him and at least give you a precise diagnosis on him.”
The Bruins only have six defenseman on their roster at the moment, meaning they would need to recall a player from Providence if McQuaid is unable to play Monday against the Kings.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5