Adam McQuaid leaves Sunday’s game vs. Blackhawks with undisclosed injury
|01.19.14 at 3:52 pm ET|
CHICAGO — Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid did not play the final 11:26 of the second period and missed the remainder of the team’s 3-2 shootout loss to the Blackhawks Sunday.
Following the game, Claude Julien offered no update on McQuaid, who has missed a combined 17 games due to a lower-body injury that twice kept him out of the lineup for stretches at a time.
“I don’t like saying it the night of because he needs to be looked at by a doctor,” Julien said. “We’ll look at him tomorrow. It just obviously wasn’t good enough to finish the game, but we’ll evaluate him and at least give you a precise diagnosis on him.”
The Bruins only have six defenseman on their roster at the moment, meaning they would need to recall a player from Providence if McQuaid is unable to play Monday against the Kings.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara