Adam McQuaid day-to-day with leg injury
|01.20.14 at 6:26 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid has been examined by a doctor and is termed day-to-day with a leg injury, coach Claude Julien said after Monday’s win over the Kings.
Julien said that the team is taking McQuaid’s status as “good news,” as McQuaid has already missed 19 games this season, most of which were due to a lower-body injury McQuaid had and later re-aggravated.
McQuaid missed the last half of the second period Sunday against the Blackhawks and remained out for the rest of the game. The team recalled Zach Trotman Sunday night to play in his place Monday, with Trotman logging 13:19 in Boston’s 3-2 victory over the Kings Monday at TD Garden.
Depending on how long McQuaid will be off the ice, he could be helped by the fact that the Bruins don’t play next until Saturday in Philadelphia.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5