Adam McQuaid day-to-day with leg injury
|01.20.14 at 6:26 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid has been examined by a doctor and is termed day-to-day with a leg injury, coach Claude Julien said after Monday’s win over the Kings.
Julien said that the team is taking McQuaid’s status as “good news,” as McQuaid has already missed 19 games this season, most of which were due to a lower-body injury McQuaid had and later re-aggravated.
McQuaid missed the last half of the second period Sunday against the Blackhawks and remained out for the rest of the game. The team recalled Zach Trotman Sunday night to play in his place Monday, with Trotman logging 13:19 in Boston’s 3-2 victory over the Kings Monday at TD Garden.
Depending on how long McQuaid will be off the ice, he could be helped by the fact that the Bruins don’t play next until Saturday in Philadelphia.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara