Bruins recall Zach Trotman
|01.23.14 at 9:31 am ET|
WILMINGTON — The Bruins have recalled defenseman Zach Trotman from Providence on an emergency basis. The team had recalled him for Monday’s game against the Kings and then sent him back.
Trotman’s recall comes with the Bruins still banged up on the right side of their blue line. Dougie Hamilton has missed the last four games with a concussion, while Adam McQuaid left Sunday’s game in Chicago and did not play Monday due to a leg injury. If neither are ready for Saturday’s game in Philadelphia, Trotman will see NHL action for the third time this season.
This is Trotman’s third recall of the season. In two games with the Bruins this season, Trotman has an even rating and is averaging 15:00 of ice time per game.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara