Bruins still taking it ‘day by day’ with injured Adam McQuaid
|01.28.14 at 8:02 pm ET|
Claude Julien didn’t have much of an update on defenseman Adam McQuaid Tuesday evening, reiterating that the defenseman, who the team has classified as day-to-day with a leg injury, isn’t ready to return to the lineup.
McQuaid did not travel with the team to Philadelphia or New York for the team’s recent two-game road trip and has not played since leaving the Jan. 19 game against the Blackhawks.
“I haven’t paid much attention to that because he is not ready to play yet,” Julien said Tuesday. “Whether that’s some news for you or not, he’s just not ready yet. We’re just taking it day by day and waiting for the medical staff to say we can take that next step with him.”
McQuaid has not been skating, according to Julien, but the coach said he is at least doing some activity.
“I think he’s working out,” Julien said. “Again, when guys are injured they are kind of out of my control until they tell me they’re ready. So I think he has been working out but I don’t know to what extent.”
With McQuaid out, Kevan Miller remains in the lineup for the Bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara