Bruins still taking it ‘day by day’ with injured Adam McQuaid
|01.28.14 at 8:02 pm ET|
Claude Julien didn’t have much of an update on defenseman Adam McQuaid Tuesday evening, reiterating that the defenseman, who the team has classified as day-to-day with a leg injury, isn’t ready to return to the lineup.
McQuaid did not travel with the team to Philadelphia or New York for the team’s recent two-game road trip and has not played since leaving the Jan. 19 game against the Blackhawks.
“I haven’t paid much attention to that because he is not ready to play yet,” Julien said Tuesday. “Whether that’s some news for you or not, he’s just not ready yet. We’re just taking it day by day and waiting for the medical staff to say we can take that next step with him.”
McQuaid has not been skating, according to Julien, but the coach said he is at least doing some activity.
“I think he’s working out,” Julien said. “Again, when guys are injured they are kind of out of my control until they tell me they’re ready. So I think he has been working out but I don’t know to what extent.”
With McQuaid out, Kevan Miller remains in the lineup for the Bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5