Bruins recall David Warsofsky
|02.03.14 at 9:59 am ET|
The Bruins recalled defenseman David Warsofsky on Monday as the team enters the final week before the Olympic break.
The B’s have three games this week, two of which will be played without Zdeno Chara due to his duties as Slovkia’s flag-bearer in the opening ceremonies of the Sochi Olympics. Given that the team had been carrying just six defensemen, a call-up was going to be required.
Warsofsky already has played in four games for the B’s this season, recording one goal and no assists with an even rating. In 42 games for Providence, the Marshfield native has three goals and 23 assists for 26 points with a plus-12 rating.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara