Claude Julien: ‘Very doubtful’ Adam McQuaid plays for Bruins before Olympic break
|02.03.14 at 12:58 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Adam McQuaid did not skate Monday, and with the B’s now five days away from their last game before the Olympic break, B’s coach Claude Julien admitted it is “very doubtful” that McQuaid will play before the break.
McQuaid has been limited to 30 games this season, missing the other 24 due to lower-body injuries. He has not played since the team’s Jan. 19 game in Chicago due to a leg injury.
‘He’s hasn’t started skating yet, so it would be very doubtful that he would play until after the break,” Julien said. “If he’s 100 percent, and I checked on him today, they weren’t putting him on the ice and he was only going to start skating sometime this week, so he’s been out too long for me to throw him out there. I would be very surprised if you see him here.’
David Warsofsky, who was recalled Monday, practiced with the team as he prepares to play Thursday and Saturday with Zdeno Chara out.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara