Video: Canucks coach John Tortorella wants to move past suspension, but auto-tuned song of him sure to live on
|02.04.14 at 11:48 am ET|
Canucks coach John Tortorella leads his team against the Bruins on Tuesday night at TD Garden in his second game back on the bench following his 15-day suspension for his actions during last month’s game against the Flames.
Prior to Monday’s loss to the Red Wings, Tortorella told reporters that he acknowledges his mistake.
“I apologize first and foremost to the players for the situation I put them in, to the organization for my stupidity, to the league,” Tortorella said. “It’s been embarrassing and not just for me, but for everyone around me.”
Added Tortorella: “It’s been very embarrassing for my family and for myself and more importantly, everybody around me that I’m supposed to represent. As far as the nonsense I caused, I want to move by it. I think too much focus has been put on this. We need to worry about our hockey club right now.”
In the Jan. 18 game in Vancouver, Tortorella responded to Calgary starting its fourth line by sending out his fourth-liners, leading to a line brawl upon the drop of the puck. The fiery coach then attempted to get to the Calgary locker room between periods.
After the game, Tortorella explained the reasoning for his actions, and that press conference was auto-tuned to create this memorable video.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara