Bruins acquire AHL defenseman Blake Parlett from Columbus for Carter Camper
|02.07.14 at 3:47 pm ET|
The Bruins made a minor move Friday afternoon, sending forward Carter Camper to the Blue Jackets in exchange for defenseman Blake Parlett.
Parlett has four goals and 14 assists this season for AHL Springfield. The Rangers signed the undrafted blue-liner to a minor league contract out of the Ontario Hockey League in 2010, then traded him to Columbus last April as part of the blockbuster deal that sent Marian Gaborik to the Blue Jackets. Parlett has yet to appear in an NHL game.
Camper was the Providence Bruins’ third-leading scorer this season, posting eight goals and 23 assists in 41 games. The Miami of Ohio product totaled 36 goals and 90 assists over three full seasons in Providence. He appeared in three games for the parent club during the 2011-12 season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5