Reilly Smith returns to Bruins practice, Adam McQuaid progressing
|02.22.14 at 12:47 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — The Bruins practiced again Saturday, with those who didn’t play in the Olympics skating for the third straight day.
Back on the ice was Reilly Smith, who missed Friday’s practice with an illness. Adam McQuaid practiced with teammates for the third consecutive day as he works his way back from a lower-body injury. McQuaid has not played since Jan. 19, and though he skated prior to the Olympic break, he did not take the ice over the two-week break from team activities. He says he is not quite ready to play, but that he continues to feel better.
The Bruins won’t practice Sunday, but McQuaid is expected to skate on his own.
“I think he’s still working his way back in,” Bruins assistant coach Doug Jarvis said Saturday. “My understanding is he’ll skate [Sunday] on his own and we’ll continue to work with him. I see it being, from what I understand, a day-to-day scenario as we move along. We’ll see how he keeps improving.”
Justin Florek and Matt Lindblad, both of whom were recalled for Friday’s practice, were returned to Providence Saturday.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5