Tuukka Rask not traveling to Buffalo, Adam McQuaid doubtful for Bruins
|02.25.14 at 3:27 pm ET|
The Bruins had called up Niklas Svedberg Monday, and though assistant coach Geoff Ward had said it was only for practice purposes at the time, Svedberg will go to Buffalo and serve as the team’s backup. Chad Johnson will start for the B’s. It will be Johnson’s sixth start in the last 12 games.
Rask, Patrice Bergeron and Loui Eriksson were the only absences from Tuesday’s practice, as Julien made his return. Bergeron and Eriksson will travel to Buffalo with the team and are expected to be in Boston’s lineup Wednesday.
As for Adam McQuaid, the defenseman is expected to miss his 10th straight game due to a lower-body injury. It will be the 28th game McQuaid has missed this season, though Julien is confident McQuaid should return Saturday against the Capitals or Sunday against the Rangers.
Later in the day, the Bruins assigned Matt Lindblad to Providence.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara