Bruins send Niklas Svedberg to Providence, Adam McQuaid gets day off as he looks to return Saturday
|02.27.14 at 12:51 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — The Bruins had an optional practice Thursday at Ristuccia Arena, with five forwards, five defensemen and two goalies taking the ice. The most notable absence was Adam McQuaid.
The Bruins sent Niklas Svedberg back to Providence Thursday, but Tuukka Rask was back on the ice with teammates for the first time since the Olympics. Chad Johnson joined him, with only Gregory Campbell, Shawn Thornton, Daniel Paille, Jordan Caron and Brad Marchand taking the ice and all defensemen but McQuaid and Zdeno Chara present.
McQuaid has been skating nearly every day as he looks to return from his leg injury, so Julien said he was given the day off for rest. The team still considers him a possibility for Saturday against the Capitals.
“He was given the day off. He was a guy who skated even Sunday, when the guys had the day off. He’s coming along well, but he hasn’t been cleared yet, but [Saturday] is a possibility. Maybe he will, maybe he won’t. He’s day to day right now and we’ve just got to wait and see what he gets his clearance.”
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5