Season ticket-holders react to Bruins’ price hikes
|02.27.14 at 11:50 am ET|
Instead of seeing black and gold for the first time since the end of the Olympic break, Bruins fans were seeing red after team owner Jeremy Jacobs announced to season ticket-holders the prices for the 2014-15 season.
During the 2013-14 season, the price of loge seat tickets ranged from $70 to $132 per game and balcony seats went from $32 to $91 per game. According to a release from the team, loge seats will now cost between $88 and $145 next season and balcony seats will cost between $45 and $98 per game.
Bruins fans took to Twitter to show their anger with the price hikes.
People think Bruins tickets are expensive now? Jacobs just increased season ticket holders prices, some by as much as $13 a game #Crook
‘ Mark_S (@Expo_Music) February 25, 2014
It’s a very sad realization that I probably will be priced out of my Bruins season tickets within the next 5 years if the team stays good.
‘ Mike Kelley (@MikeKelley22) February 26, 2014
Bruins seeing as my tickets went from about 1900 to 2655 for one 8th row balcony seat next season..my acceptance of “dips” in effort is NIL.
‘ InAWhisper (@whisperandmoan) February 26, 2014
28% price increase on our Bruins season tickets for 2014-15. Thank you, Mr. Jacobs.
‘ Chris Aldrich (@aldy04) February 26, 2014
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara