Adam McQuaid suffers setback in recovery from injury, unlikely to play this weekend for Bruins
|02.28.14 at 12:35 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Adam McQuaid was not on the ice for Friday’s Bruins practice at Ristuccia Arena, with Claude Julien saying afterwards that the defenseman had suffered a setback in his recovery from a leg injury.
McQuaid was expected to return to the lineup for Saturday’s game against the Capitals, but after being given the day off Thursday, team doctors determined Friday that he had regressed in his recovery. McQuaid is not expected to play this weekend, with the team unsure when he will return.
“Yeah,” Julien said when asked if McQuaid had suffered a setback. “They just told me this morning. Yesterday they gave him some rest and today they wanted to give him some more and they felt that there was a bit of a setback. Again, it becomes a day-to-day, week-to-week, month-to-month. I’m not sure anymore. I’m relying on their feedback almost every day.
“It’s been a frustrating injury for him and I know he’s really itching to get back. Those kind of things happen, and he’s set back a little bit. Hopefully we’ll get some better news here in the next few days.”
McQuaid has missed 28 total games this season over three prolonged stretches out of the lineup. He last played Jan. 19 against the Blackhawks but left the game with the injury with which he is currently dealing.
With McQuaid out, rookie Kevan Miller will continue to play in his place.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara