Flyers trade for Andrew MacDonald
|03.04.14 at 4:08 pm ET|
Andrew MacDonald, a left-shot defenseman who is seventh in the league in time on ice and would have been a potential fit with the Bruins, has been traded from the Islanders to the Flyers, a source confirmed Tuesday. The trade was first reported by Newsday’s Arthur Staple.
The Islanders had previously sought a first-round pick for MacDonald, a free agent to be, but Philadelphia got him without surrendering a first-round pick.
#Isles get 2014 3rd rounder and a 2015 2nd rounder for MacDonald from the Flyers.
— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) March 4, 2014
MacDonald becomes the first of the bigger name left shot defensemen to move. Dallas traded injured righty Stephane Robidas to Anaheim earlier in the day.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara