Flyers trade for Andrew MacDonald
|03.04.14 at 4:08 pm ET|
Andrew MacDonald, a left-shot defenseman who is seventh in the league in time on ice and would have been a potential fit with the Bruins, has been traded from the Islanders to the Flyers, a source confirmed Tuesday. The trade was first reported by Newsday’s Arthur Staple.
The Islanders had previously sought a first-round pick for MacDonald, a free agent to be, but Philadelphia got him without surrendering a first-round pick.
#Isles get 2014 3rd rounder and a 2015 2nd rounder for MacDonald from the Flyers.
— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) March 4, 2014
MacDonald becomes the first of the bigger name left shot defensemen to move. Dallas traded injured righty Stephane Robidas to Anaheim earlier in the day.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5