Bruins reportedly claim defenseman Corey Potter off waivers from Oilers
|03.05.14 at 12:19 pm ET|
The Bruins have claimed defenseman Corey Potter off waivers from the Oilers, according to multiple reports. Potter is a 30-year-old, 6-foot-3 right shot who could serve as a depth option on the blue line. He is an unrestricted free agent after this season.
Potter had appeared in 16 games for the Oilers this season, picking up five assists and 21 penalty minutes while playing 14:47 per game. He was used in extremely low-leverage situations, ranking last among Edmonton’s nine qualified defensemen in ice time and quality of competition. Even in those sheltered situations, he struggled, posting the worst CorsiRel (shot attempts for/against relative to his teammates) on the team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara