Bruins reportedly claim defenseman Corey Potter off waivers from Oilers
|03.05.14 at 12:19 pm ET|
The Bruins have claimed defenseman Corey Potter off waivers from the Oilers, according to multiple reports. Potter is a 30-year-old, 6-foot-3 right shot who could serve as a depth option on the blue line. He is an unrestricted free agent after this season.
Potter had appeared in 16 games for the Oilers this season, picking up five assists and 21 penalty minutes while playing 14:47 per game. He was used in extremely low-leverage situations, ranking last among Edmonton’s nine qualified defensemen in ice time and quality of competition. Even in those sheltered situations, he struggled, posting the worst CorsiRel (shot attempts for/against relative to his teammates) on the team.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5