Loui Eriksson, Adam McQuaid absent from Bruins practice
|03.05.14 at 12:03 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Loui Eriksson and Adam McQuaid were the only Bruins not on the ice for Wednesday’s practice.
Eriksson missed Tuesday’s game with a “minor issue,” according to Claude Julien, and is expected to be back in the lineup Thursday against the Capitals. Though his absence has led to speculation with the trade deadline coming at 3 p.m. Wednesday, a Bruins source said Tuesday that Eriksson’s absence has nothing to do with a potential trade.
Eriksson was at the practice, however, with Julien saying that he will skate and play Thursday.
Furthermore, Bruins forward Jordan Caron revealed — perhaps accidentally — after Tuesday’s game that Eriksson’s absence was due to a “little incident,” which would be consistent with him having a minor issue.
“I think Loui had a little incident there, so he couldn’t go tonight,” Caron said.
The team has yet to make a decision on what they will do with McQuaid, who has been out since Jan. 19 with a lower-body injury. The B’s are deciding whether to shut him down for the time being or have him proceed with his rehab.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5