Loui Eriksson has heel infection, wasn’t part of trade talks
|03.05.14 at 6:04 pm ET|
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli confirmed following the trade deadline that forward Loui Eriksson‘s absence from the ice the last two days had nothing to do with trade talks, but rather a minor ailment. Chiarelli revealed that ailment to be a heel infection.
“Very minor heel injury,” Chiarelli said. “A little infection in the heel that got aggravated when he put his heel in the boot.
“So no, we weren’t trading him,” Chiarelli added with an expression that was half grinning and half annoyed. “‘¦ He should be fine for tomorrow.”
Eriksson missed Tuesday’s game due to the infection. Claude Julien had said earlier Wednesday that Eriksson was expected to be on the ice for Thursday’s morning skate and play in Thursday night’s game against the Capitals.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5