2 fans injured after pole falls behind goal following Bruins game
|03.07.14 at 7:19 am ET|
Two women in their 20s were injured when a metal pole holding up the protective netting behind one of the goals at TD Garden fell on them following the Bruins’ 3-0 victory over the Capitals on Thursday night, authorities told The Associated Press.
The women suffered minor injuries and were taken via ambulance to the hospital as a precaution.
The netting, designed to protect fans from flying pucks, fell at about 9:40 p.m.
According to a Boston Herald report, the netting was being raised to the ceiling when it gave way. A metal bar that holds one end of the net fell and appeared to strike one or both women in the head, leaving at least one of them bloodied.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5