2 fans injured after pole falls behind goal following Bruins game
|03.07.14 at 7:19 am ET|
Two women in their 20s were injured when a metal pole holding up the protective netting behind one of the goals at TD Garden fell on them following the Bruins’ 3-0 victory over the Capitals on Thursday night, authorities told The Associated Press.
The women suffered minor injuries and were taken via ambulance to the hospital as a precaution.
The netting, designed to protect fans from flying pucks, fell at about 9:40 p.m.
According to a Boston Herald report, the netting was being raised to the ceiling when it gave way. A metal bar that holds one end of the net fell and appeared to strike one or both women in the head, leaving at least one of them bloodied.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara