Matt Lindblad recalled, ‘more than likely’ to play for Bruins Saturday
|03.14.14 at 1:41 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — The Bruins recalled forward Matt Lindblad from Providence Friday and Claude Julien suggested he will play Saturday against the Hurricanes.
Julien said that the recall has nothing to do with players being injured, though with Daniel Paille expected to return to the lineup Saturday, a regular forward would have to come out of the lineup in order for Lindblad to play.
In 43 games for Providence this season, the Dartmouth College product has seven goals and 15 assists for 22 points and a minus-4 rating.
“He’s been playing well. He’s a guy we wanted to see,” Julien said. “It’s not related to any injuries more than [we want to] have a look at him too. We talk about playoffs around the corner and depth, well, right now we’ve got 13 forwards here. We’ve seen other guys come up, but we haven’t seen him.
“He’s been one of the guys that, to me, was impressive in training camp and is a good two-way player, skates well. We want to give him that opportunity to be seen as well. At one point, more than likely tomorrow, he may be in the lineup.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara