Matt Lindblad recalled, ‘more than likely’ to play for Bruins Saturday
|03.14.14 at 1:41 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — The Bruins recalled forward Matt Lindblad from Providence Friday and Claude Julien suggested he will play Saturday against the Hurricanes.
Julien said that the recall has nothing to do with players being injured, though with Daniel Paille expected to return to the lineup Saturday, a regular forward would have to come out of the lineup in order for Lindblad to play.
In 43 games for Providence this season, the Dartmouth College product has seven goals and 15 assists for 22 points and a minus-4 rating.
“He’s been playing well. He’s a guy we wanted to see,” Julien said. “It’s not related to any injuries more than [we want to] have a look at him too. We talk about playoffs around the corner and depth, well, right now we’ve got 13 forwards here. We’ve seen other guys come up, but we haven’t seen him.
“He’s been one of the guys that, to me, was impressive in training camp and is a good two-way player, skates well. We want to give him that opportunity to be seen as well. At one point, more than likely tomorrow, he may be in the lineup.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5