Jarome Iginla, Kevan Miller day-to-day with Bruins being ‘cautious’
|04.07.14 at 12:31 pm ET|
Jarome Iginla and Kevan Miller were both missing from Monday’s practice at TD Garden, as the Bruins consider both players day-to-day. They are both options to play for the Bruins Tuesday in Minnesota and/or Thursday in Winnipeg.
Both players missed Saturday’s win over Philadelphia, with the Bruins saying neither were healthy scratches. Iginla has missed two of the Bruins’ last three games with a lower-body injury after playing the first 75 games of the season, while Miller had played 33 consecutive games prior to sitting against the Flyers.
“They’re coming on the trip with us,” Claude Julien said. “They’re still day-to-day [because we're] being cautious this time of year, so we’re just not pushing them. They’re coming on the trip. Is there a chance that they could play? Yes.”
Asked if Iginla and Miller would be in the lineup if the playoffs were to start that day, Julien said that there is “no doubt” that both players would be healthy enough to play.
Julien added that with four games left in the regular season, he will rest more players in the coming games.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5