Chris Kelly not expected to play final two games of regular season
|04.12.14 at 11:36 am ET|
Kelly played one shift in the third period and did not play in overtime of the team’s shootout loss to the Wild Tuesday due to back spasms. He was kept out of Thursday’s game against the Jets and will is not expected to play Saturday against the Sabres or Sunday against the Devils.
Julien said that the team expects him to be ready for the playoffs, which are expected to begin Thursday at TD Garden. With Kelly not playing the last two games of the regular season, the Bruins’ usual third line of Carl Soderberg between Kelly and Loui Eriksson will not have played together in the final seven games of the regular season.
Aside from Kelly’s absence, the team is expected to go with a full lineup Saturday, with Tuukka Rask starting in goal for the B’s.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5