Chris Kelly not expected to play final two games of regular season
|04.12.14 at 11:36 am ET|
Kelly played one shift in the third period and did not play in overtime of the team’s shootout loss to the Wild Tuesday due to back spasms. He was kept out of Thursday’s game against the Jets and will is not expected to play Saturday against the Sabres or Sunday against the Devils.
Julien said that the team expects him to be ready for the playoffs, which are expected to begin Thursday at TD Garden. With Kelly not playing the last two games of the regular season, the Bruins’ usual third line of Carl Soderberg between Kelly and Loui Eriksson will not have played together in the final seven games of the regular season.
Aside from Kelly’s absence, the team is expected to go with a full lineup Saturday, with Tuukka Rask starting in goal for the B’s.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara