Bruins recall Alexander Khokhlachev, Craig Cunningham, Justin Florek and Matt Lindblad
|04.13.14 at 12:55 pm ET|
The Bruins recalled four forwards from Providence on an emergency basis Sunday morning. Alexander Khokhlachev, Craig Cunningham, Justin Florek and Matt Lindblad will all join the team in New Jersey and be available for the team’s regular-season finale against the Devils.
Khokhlachev is the only one of the four who has yet to play an NHL game, and as such, the 2011 second-round pick will in all likelihood make his NHL debut. He has 21 goals and 36 assists for a team-leading 57 points in 63 games for Providence this season.
Florek played very well for the Bruins in a three-game stint with the team in January, scoring a goal and adding an assist for two points while subbing on the team’s fourth line. Cunningham and Lindblad each played one game apiece.
The forwards will be used both due to injuries (Daniel Paille and Patrice Bergeron both left Saturday’s game, while Chris Kelly has missed the last two and won’t play Sunday) and perhaps for the sake of rest of other players. According to the Boston Globe, Bergeron, Paille, Kelly, Zdeno Chara, David Krejci, Milan Lucic and Jarome Iginla did not travel to New Jersey.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5