Video: Dennis Seidenberg skates again before Bruins practice
|04.15.14 at 10:59 am ET|
Dennis Seidenberg skated for at least the third time and second straight day Tuesday as he took the ice with strength and conditioning coach John Whitesides prior to Bruins practice at TD Garden. Fellow defenseman Adam McQuaid was not on the ice.
Seidenberg skated for at least 20-25 minutes and was moving pretty well, going hard for single laps at a time and later doing harder circles in the neutral zone. He also took passes from high in the zone before shooting (video below), but perhaps the most positive sign was that he took passes along the wall and moved laterally along the blue line before taking shots from the point.
Seidenberg wasn’t moving as quickly as he moved laterally, but the fact that he was doing it all should be taken as a good sign.
The Bruins initially ruled Seidenberg out for the season after he suffered the ACL/MCL tear on Dec. 27, but he is ahead in his recovery. Though the team won’t say they expect him back late in the playoffs, they also aren’t ruling him out.
‘We’re not counting on Dennis to be back,’ Peter Chiarelli said Monday. ‘We’re going to be very cautious with his injury. He has been skating and that’s pretty much all I can say on it.’
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara