Daniel Paille skates, ‘no updates’ on injured Bruins
|04.18.14 at 10:21 am ET|
Bruins forward Daniel Paille skated with defenseman Adam McQuaid prior to Friday’s morning skate, which might suggest he will not be in the lineup for Game 1 of the first round of the playoffs against the Red Wings. Paille has been out since last Saturday with what appeared to be a head injury.
The morning skate was optional, with Chris Kelly and Matt Bartkowski — neither of whom have practiced this week — among the missing. That group of absent players also included Zdeno Chara, Tuukka Rask, Jarome Iginla, Milan Lucic, Kevan Miller and David Krejci.
Following the skate, Claude Julien said there were “no updates” to offer on the status of his players.
Before you rule out Paille, here’s a quick conspiracy theory: Considering morning skates are non-contact, perhaps the B’s just had Paille do his work before to throw folks off the scent as to his availability. However, his skating beforehand should be taken as a sign he won’t play.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara