Video: Milan Lucic gets away with dirty spear on Danny DeKeyser
|04.19.14 at 1:34 am ET|
Milan Lucic has long been known to lose his cool, but he was never really considered an overly “dirty” player.
This season, however, Lucic has gone nuts when it has come to spearing opponents in sensitive areas. In the second period of Friday’s Game 1 loss to the Red Wings, Lucic stuck his stick between Detroit defenseman Danny DeKeyser‘s legs and forcefully yanked it up, whacking DeKeyser in an area that you’d think would be off-limits. Lucic didn’t talk after the game, but the video below should show that it seemed as intentional as intentional gets.
This isn’t the first between-the-legs spear from Lucic this season, as he did the same thing to Alexei Emelin back on March 24, though it seemed Lucic got him in the rear end. Lucic denied spearing him after the game, saying he was “just skating by.”
Lucic was suspended for a game in the 2009 postseason for a blow to the head of Maxim Lapierre in Game 2 of the first round against the Canadiens. It’s unclear what the fallout from Friday’s cheap shot will be, but it was a garbage act from Lucic. He’s one of the team’s best players and was the team’s highest-paid forward this season. Such actions as Friday’s should be beneath him.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5