Daniel Alfredsson out for Red Wings, Matt Bartkowski could return to Bruins for Game 3
|04.22.14 at 12:30 pm ET|
DETROIT — There will be different personnel in Tuesday’s Game 3 between the Bruins and Red Wings, but not necessarily on Boston’s end.
Red Wings forward Daniel Alfredsson will be out of the lineup Tuesday, with Joakim Andersson filling in on Detroit’s second line with Darren Helm and Tomas Jurco. Alfredsson is believed to be dealing with a back issue, with Mike Babcock saying the veteran forward “needs another day.”
As for the Bruins, Matt Bartkowski took part in Tuesday’s morning skate and will be on the ice for warmups. Bartkowski was not made available to the media and Claude Julien was tight-lipped about his status, declining to comment on whether Andrej Meszaros would stay in the lineup once Bartkowski was healthy enough to play. Daniel Paille and Chris Kelly did not participate in morning skate.
For more Bruins news, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5