Henrik Zetterberg getting closer to returning for Red Wings; Daniel Paille still not cleared for Bruins
|04.23.14 at 1:28 pm ET|
Mike Babcock said that the team was letting Zetterberg practice in place of Pavel Datsyuk, whose wife was having a baby. Asked after the skate whether there was any chance that he could play in Thursday’s Game 4 against the Bruins, Datsyuk responded, “I have no idea.”
Zetterberg had back surgery on Feb. 21 and was initially expected to miss the first round. That may still be the case, though Zetterberg said he was ahead of schedule. Both he and Babcock have been relatively tight-lipped about just when he’ll return to Detroit’s lineup.
The Bruins, meanwhile, had an optional practice. Daniel Paille took part in the skate, but Claude Julien said that the player was still not cleared to play. Paille has been skating since last Friday after missing the last game of the regular season with a suspected head injury.
For more Bruins news, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara