Jonas Gustavsson to start for Red Wings in Game 5
|04.25.14 at 7:30 pm ET|
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock told reporters Friday that Jonas Gustavsson will start Saturday in Game 5 against the Bruins, with Jimmy Howard serving as the backup.
Gustavsson made his playoff career playoff start in Thursday’s Game 4 because Howard, the team’s regular starter, was out with the flu. Howard did not practice Friday.
The 29-year-old Gustavsson saw 40 shots Thursday, stopping 37 of them in taking the loss in a 3-2 overtime win for Boston that gave the B’s a 3-1 lead in the series.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5