Milan Lucic vents after Dale Weise says Bruins forward was threatening Habs
|05.14.14 at 10:43 pm ET|
No one was more furious with Canadiens playing the disrespect card after a 3-1 Game 7 win over the Bruins than Milan Lucic. Then again, the Canadiens weren’t exactly happy with Lucic. Specifically, Habs forward Dale Weise said that Lucic was threatening players in the handshake line.
Weise says Lucic threatened him in the handshake and said something similarly threatening to Emelin. Emotional series ends with tough words.
‘ Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) May 15, 2014
Lucic was as upset with Weise sharing their exchange with the media.
“That’s said on the ice, so it’ll stay on the ice,” Lucic said. “So if he wants to be a baby about it, he can make it public.”
The Canadiens had said over the last two days that they felt disrespected by the Bruins throughout the series. Boston celebrated goals with a chest-pound — something Claude Julien said after the series was meant to be a “Boston Strong” gesture — while Shawn Thornton squirted P.K. Subban with a water bottle at the end of Game 5.
The Bruins were confused by the Habs’ overuse of the word “disrespect,” but Lucic was furious.
“Disrespect? I don’t know what they’re talking about,” Lucic vented. “Disrespect? Having a goal celebration, what kind of disrespect is that? I’m not going to say anything. I’ve got nothing to say about that.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara