Bruins sign Linus Arnesson to entry-level contract
|06.01.14 at 6:26 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Sunday that they have signed defenseman Linus Arnesson to an entry-level contract.
Arnesson, 19, was drafted in the second round (60th overall) of the 2013 draft, but was the Bruins’ first pick given that their first-rounder was dealt to the Stars in the team’s trade for Jaromir Jagr during the lockout-shortened 2013 season.
The 6-foot-1, 188 pound Sweden native spent last season playing for Djurgarden of the Allsvenskan league. Arnesson dressed in 44 regular-season games, scoring a goal and adding five assists while posting a plus-two rating. He also played for Team Sweden in the World Juniors.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara