Bruins sign Linus Arnesson to entry-level contract
|06.01.14 at 6:26 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Sunday that they have signed defenseman Linus Arnesson to an entry-level contract.
Arnesson, 19, was drafted in the second round (60th overall) of the 2013 draft, but was the Bruins’ first pick given that their first-rounder was dealt to the Stars in the team’s trade for Jaromir Jagr during the lockout-shortened 2013 season.
The 6-foot-1, 188 pound Sweden native spent last season playing for Djurgarden of the Allsvenskan league. Arnesson dressed in 44 regular-season games, scoring a goal and adding five assists while posting a plus-two rating. He also played for Team Sweden in the World Juniors.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5