- Big Bad Blog - http://bigbadblog.weei.com -
NHL free agency roundup: Ryan Miller reportedly signs with Canucks; Dan Boyle to Rangers; Paul Stastny to Blues
Posted By Jerry Spar On July 1, 2014 @ 1:44 pm In General | No Comments
The opening hours of NHL  free agency have been busy, with some big names making quick moves.
– Ryan Miller  is on the move again.
The veteran goalie, who was traded from the Sabres to the Blues during the 2013-14 season, signed a three-year, $18 million deal with the Canucks on Tuesday, the first day of free agency, according to multiple reports.
Miller, 33 , had a 2.64 goals-against average and .918 save percentage last season while posting a league-high 30 losses.
– Center Paul Stastny left the Avalanche to sign a four-year deal worth $28 million, according to a CBS Sports report .
Stastny, 28, had 25 goals and 60 assists last regular season, followed by five goals and five assists in 10 playoff games. Stastny, the son of Hall of Fame center Peter Stastny, grew up in the St. Louis area.
– Defenseman Christian Ehrhoff, who was bought out of the remaining seven years of his 10-year, $40 million deal with the Sabres, agreed to a one-year, $4 million pact with the Penguins , according to TSN .
The 31-year-old Ehrhoff had 33 points in 79 games last season.
– Defenseman Dan Boyle left the Sharks to sign a two-year, $9 million deal with the Rangers, according to ESPN.com .
Boyle, 37, had 36 points in 75 games for the Sharks, his team for the last six seasons. He’s also played for the Panthers (1998-02) and Lightning (2001-08).
– Veteran winger Mike Cammalleri agreed to a five-year, $25 million contract with the Devils, according to multiple reports .
Cammalleri, 32, had 26 goals and 19 assists for the Flames last season. He has 236 goals and 502 points in 669 career games with the Flames, Canadiens and Kings.
– The Oilers made two early signings, agreeing with onetime Bruins winger Benoit Pouliot on a five-year deal and defenseman Mark Fayne on a four-year pact, according to multiple reports .
Pouliot, 27, scored 15 goals for the Rangers last season, then had five goals and five assists during New York’s run to the Stanley Cup  finals. He previously played for the Wild (2006-10), Canadiens (’10-11), Bruins (’11-12) and Lightning (’12-13).
Fayne, 27, had 11 points in 72 games for the Devils, with whom he played the last four seasons.
– The Senators traded disgruntled center Jason Spezza and a prospect to the Stars for forward Alex Chiasson, two prospects and a 2015 second-round draft pick, according to TSN .
Spezza, a former captain, asked out of Ottawa after recording 23 goals and 43 assists in 2013-14. The 31-year-old tallied at least 30 goals in four of his 11 seasons with the Sens.
Spezza, who has a no-trade clause, previously vetoed a trade to the Predators.
– The Senators also retained winger Milan Michalek with a three-year deal worth $12 million, according to NHL.com .
Michalek, 29, had 17 goals and 12 assists for the Sens last season.
– The Canadiens on Monday cleared some room on their roster when they traded defenseman Josh Gorges to the Sabres for a second-round pick and shipped center Daniel Briere to the Avalanche for winger P.A. Parenteau and a fifth-round pick in 2015.
Article printed from Big Bad Blog: http://bigbadblog.weei.com
URL to article: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2014/07/01/nhl-free-agency-roundup-ryan-miller-reportedly-signs-with-canucks-dan-boyle-to-rangers-peter-stastny-to-blues/
URLs in this post:
 NHL: http://media.weei.com/hockey/nhl.htm
 Image: http://bigbadblog.weei.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Miller_Ryan-Sabres-head-13.jpg
 Ryan Miller: http://media.weei.com/hockey/ryan-miller.htm
 according to a CBS Sports report: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24602532/paul-stastny-heads-to-blues-on-four-year-deal-for-28-million
 Penguins: http://media.weei.com/hockey/pittsburgh-penguins.htm
 according to TSN: http://bigbadblog.weei.com http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=456153
 according to ESPN.com: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/11162772/new-york-rangers-sign-veteran-defenseman-dan-boyle
 according to multiple reports: http://www.northjersey.com/sports/fire-ice-seeking-scoring-help-devils-sign-free-agent-mike-cammalleri-1.1044217
 according to multiple reports: http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2014/07/01/benoit-pouliot-signs-five-year-20-mm-deal-with-edmonton-oilers/?__federated=1
 Stanley Cup: http://media.weei.com/hockey/stanley-cup.htm
 according to TSN: https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/statuses/483989925298044928
 according to NHL.com: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=724763
 > NHL free agency roundup: Ryan Miller reportedly signs with Canucks; Dan Boyle to Rangers; Paul Stastny to Blues" data-url="http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2014/07/01/nhl-free-agency-roundup-ryan-miller-reportedly-signs-with-canucks-dan-boyle-to-rangers-peter-stastny-to-blues/">Tweet: http://twitter.com/share
 : #disqus_thread
Copyright © 2009 WEEI.com. All rights reserved.