Report: Canucks to make ‘big push’ for Jarome Iginla
|07.01.14 at 10:19 am ET|
According to TSN’s Farhan Lalji, the Canucks will make a ‘big push’ for Jarome Iginla at the start of free of free agency.
The obvious connection between the two sides is Jim Benning, who was hired this offseason to be Vancouver’s general manager after years of being an assistant GM in Boston.
Despite the interest the Canucks may have, they don’t seem like a logical fit for Iginla. The 37-year-old wants to win the Stanley Cup, and going to a rebuilding team that recently traded Ryan Kesler wouldn’t make much sense. After all, the reason he left Calgary in the first place was because he wanted to play for a contender.
Other teams reportedly interested in the future Hall of Famer include Minnesota, Colorado and Detroit. Iginla’s preference is to return to Boston, but the Bruins will need to shed cap space in order to sign him.
For more Bruins news, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara