Endicott names hockey arena after Ray Bourque
|07.29.14 at 4:31 pm ET|
Endicott College broke ground Tuesday on a new sports complex that will be named after Hall of Fame Bruins defenseman Ray Bourque.
Raymond J. Bourque Arena is expected to be ready in time for the 2015-16 academic year and will be the home of Endicott’s Division III hockey teams.
“When we began speaking with Ray about the naming of the arena in his honor, our thought was that we wanted to inspire our youth, our students, and our community to emulate the qualities that he has as an athlete and as a man,” Endicott president Dr. Richard E. Wylie said in a press release. “In true Bourque fashion, he was most appreciative about being honored but far more interested about what impact this would have on the kids and the community.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara