Brad Marchand says he ‘hates’ Tomas Plekanec, but everyone already knew that
|07.30.14 at 12:01 pm ET|
The biggest news surrounding Brad Marchand this offseason is that Peter Chiarelli said he wouldn’t trade him. The least surprising surrounding him came Tuesday night.
Speaking at the 2014 Phoenix House Champs for Change in his home town of Halifax, Nova Scotia, the Boston left wing answered a question about which player irritates him the most by pointing to Tomas Plekanec, Montreal’s well-rounded-but-not-so-well-liked-by-opponents center.
“There’s a few guys who really irritate me,” Marchand initially answered, but then he went into detail.
“Tomas Plekanec from Montreal, I hate him. I can’t stand him. No, I probably shouldn’t say that. I dislike him very much.”
The answer prompted a mixed reaction from the crowd, with plenty of laughter throughout. Marchand then quipped, ‘Someone’s going to call and get mad at me for saying that tomorrow.’
The fact that Marchand and Plekanec don’t like each other is not news. Don’t forget that Marchand clocked Plekanec in the head before a faceoff in Game 7 of the second round of playoffs last season, a shot that went uncalled.
Below is video of Marchand’s comments.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara