Bruins miss out on Kevin Hayes
|08.20.14 at 6:44 pm ET|
The Rangers announced Wednesday that they have signed free agent forward Kevin Hayes to an entry level contract. Hayes, a first-round pick of the Blackhawks who played his college hockey at Boston College and chose not to sign with Chicago, had reportedly drawn interest from the Bruins.
Hayes is a left shot, something of which the Bruins currently have a surplus when it comes to their wingers, but adding a prospect of his offensive caliber would have been a good get. In his senior season at BC, Hayes put up 65 points ‘ second-most in the nation ‘ in 40 games.
The Dorchester native needed to sign with the Blackhawks by Aug. 15 in order to remain the team’s property. In signing with the Rangers, he has the chance to be reunited with former Boston College teammate Chris Kreider.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5