Bruins miss out on Kevin Hayes
|08.20.14 at 6:44 pm ET|
The Rangers announced Wednesday that they have signed free agent forward Kevin Hayes to an entry level contract. Hayes, a first-round pick of the Blackhawks who played his college hockey at Boston College and chose not to sign with Chicago, had reportedly drawn interest from the Bruins.
Hayes is a left shot, something of which the Bruins currently have a surplus when it comes to their wingers, but adding a prospect of his offensive caliber would have been a good get. In his senior season at BC, Hayes put up 65 points ‘ second-most in the nation ‘ in 40 games.
The Dorchester native needed to sign with the Blackhawks by Aug. 15 in order to remain the team’s property. In signing with the Rangers, he has the chance to be reunited with former Boston College teammate Chris Kreider.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara