Zdeno Chara joins captains practice, Chris Kelly, Adam McQuaid provide updates on health
|09.03.14 at 12:58 pm ET|
WILMINGTON – Milan Lucic and Zdeno Chara were the two notable additions to the group at Wednesday’s semi-formal (called informal, but super-organized) practice at Ristuccia Arena. Lucic, who is coming off wrist surgery, skated by himself beforehand and did not join the others, while Chara took part in the full skate.
After the session, both Adam McQuaid and Chris Kelly briefed the media on their respective injury situations. McQuaid, who is coming off ankle surgery and a quad injury, is at full health but is a bit behind on his conditioning. He hopes to be in playing shape during training camp.
Kelly, meanwhile, was instructed to not do any sort of exercise for six weeks following surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back. Since then, he has been working out and skating plenty. Kelly said he now feels no limitations.
For more Bruins news, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara