|Poll: How should NHL punish Canucks’ Aaron Rome?||06.07.11 at 8:15 am ET|
What's the appropriate punishment for Aaron Rome after his hit on Nathan Horton Monday night?
- The remainder of the finals (52%, 294 Votes)
- More than five games, continuing into next season (26%, 145 Votes)
- Two games (11%, 60 Votes)
- Three games (5%, 26 Votes)
- One game (4%, 22 Votes)
- No further punishment (2%, 15 Votes)
Total Voters: 562
|Bruins-Canucks Live Blog: Michael Ryder gives B’s 8-1 lead in third||06.06.11 at 7:38 pm ET|
Join DJ Bean, Mike Petraglia, Joey the Fish and plenty others from TD Garden for Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals. Down two games to none, the Bruins are looking to use home ice to find their way back into the series.
|Bruins-Canucks Game 2 Live Blog: Headed to overtime||06.04.11 at 8:16 pm ET|
VANCOUVER — Join DJ Bean and a cast of others from Rogers Arena for Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals. The B’s are looking to even the series after dropping the series opener, 1-0. Come with your questions, comments or concerns.
|Mark Messier on D&C: Game 1 loss ‘might be a confidence-builder for Boston’||06.03.11 at 7:48 am ET|
Hall of Fame center Mark Messier joined the Dennis & Callahan show Friday morning to talk about the Stanley Cup finals, which continue Saturday night in Vancouver. To hear the interview, go to the Dennis & Callahan audio on demand page.
Messier said the Bruins can build on their performance despite losing, 1-0, in Wednesday’s Game 1.
“It might be a confidence-builder for Boston,” he said, adding, “Any time you can hold Vancouver to one goal, I think that you have to be happy. They’re not happy that they didn’t win the game; they had their opportunities as well. But overall, I don’t think either team was leaving that game deflated with the loss. Obviously, Vancouver’s more than happy that they won it. I think Boston can take some solace that they played an excellent game. With some bounces the other way there, they could have come out on top in Game 1.”
The Bruins were unable to solve Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo Wednesday, but Messier said the B’s shouldn’t be looking to try anything new Saturday.
“It would be my message to don’t change your game plan, do what we’ve always done, and let the goalie make a mistake,” he said.
Touching on the NHL’s decision not to suspend Canucks forward Alex Burrows for his apparent bite on Patrice Bergeron‘s finger, Messier indicated that he supported the league’s ruling. “I think the NHL made the right decision in that regard,” he said. “I think that Boston’s probably a little disappointed, because they would like to see Burrows out of the lineup. But in the end, nobody’s really hurt, nobody’s going to miss any games. Tough decision, but I think the right decision was made.”
|No suspension for Vancouver’s Alex Burrows in biting incident||06.02.11 at 2:57 pm ET|
“After reviewing the incident, including speaking with the on-ice officials, I can find no conclusive evidence that Alex Burrows intentionally bit the finger of Patrice Bergeron,” said NHL vice president Mike Murphy.
Burrows has denied biting Bergeron, to which the Bruins’ forward said, “Oh yeah, he did. He cut me a little bit on my finger, but I’m not going to complain about it. I’ll let the league do their job, but he sure did [bite me].”
|Bruins-Canucks live blog: Scoreless in third||06.01.11 at 7:21 pm ET|
VANCOUVER — Join DJ Bean and others live from Vancouver for Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The Bruins are in the finals since the first time since 1990, when they were defeated by the Oilers in five games.
|Poll: Who wins Stanley Cup finals?||06.01.11 at 1:13 pm ET|
How do you see the Bruins-Canucks Stanley Cup finals series playing out?
- Bruins in six games (52%, 104 Votes)
- Bruins in seven games (23%, 46 Votes)
- Canucks in six games (8%, 16 Votes)
- Canucks in five games (7%, 13 Votes)
- Canucks in seven games (3%, 6 Votes)
- Bruins sweep (3%, 5 Votes)
- I'm from Tampa; are the Lightning in the finals? (2%, 4 Votes)
- Bruins in five games (2%, 3 Votes)
- Canucks sweep (0%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 200
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara