|Ice rink at Fenway||12.10.09 at 12:26 pm ET|
The NHL has distributed an architectural rendering of the ice rink that will soon be constructed at Fenway for the Winter Classic on New Year’s Day.
|Jacobs family to donate Winter Classic tickets||12.09.09 at 9:23 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Thursday that owner Jeremy Jacobs, principal Charlie Jacobs and the Jacobs family, will purchase and donate 200 tickets to the Bridgestone Winter Classic to ten youth hockey teams throughout New England. Each team will represent a different state in New England. Bruins players and alumni will personally deliver the tickets to the teams.
|NHL Power Rankings — 12/9||12.09.09 at 7:08 am ET|
Things are starting to settle in among the top five and bottom five teams, but there’s plenty of movement among the remaining 20 teams in the WEEI NHL Power Rankings.
2. (6) 19-5-6 Caps win six straight. Top power play in league. Catalyst defenseman Mike Green‘s goal total (5) is down, but his plus-minus is up (plus-11). Still not sold.
3. (2) 18-7-3 Questioning the Blackhawks’ decision to ink defenseman Duncan Keith to a 13-year contract extension? Aside from leading the team in ice time, he’s their second-leading scorer. More points than Jonathan Toews, Patrick Sharp and Brian Campbell. Can you say, team MVP?
5. (5) 20-10-1 Always near the top, Penguins are primed for when things really matter.
10. (7) 16-9-2 The Sabres are settling in for a long fight with the B’s for the division lead. But scoring is an issue, and leading goal-scorer Thomas Vanek has just one tally in last seven games.
|Wideman, Morris absent from practice again||12.08.09 at 2:07 pm ET|
The Bruins practiced without defenseman Dennis Wideman and Derek Morris again Tuesday. The two were given maintenance days off Monday and apparently needed further time off today. Wideman suffered an ‘upper body’ injury in Saturday’s 7-2 win over Toronto. He did skate with strength and conditioning coach John Whitesides after the regular practice Tuesday. Coach Claude Julien told reporters he expects Morris to practice Wednesday.
|Wideman, Morris not at B’s practice||12.07.09 at 12:45 pm ET|
After taking a commanding 7-2 victory over Phil Kessel and the Toronto Maple Leafs Saturday, the Bruins got back to work this morning. Defenseman Dennis Wideman and Derek Morris were both given ‘maintenance’ days and did not skate. Wideman left Saturday’s game with an ‘upper body’ injury and his status for Thursday remains unclear. ‘There’s no update, we don’t play again until Thursday, if you were going to ask me ‘ is he in ‘ I think so,’ said Bruins coach Claude Julien after practice Monday. ‘I can’t say he is in for sure.’
|Boychuk in Hunwick out||12.05.09 at 7:01 pm ET|
Boychuk had been assigned to Providence on Wednesday for conditioning. He played in two games, scoring a goal in one of the contests for the P-Bruins.
Bruins coach Claude Julien explained the move prior to tonight’s contest.
“I think Matt hasn’t played as well as he’d like to and as well as we know he can play,” Julien said. “It’s one of those things where we need to continue to work with him.”
|NHL: 15 Winter Classics not enough||12.04.09 at 1:55 pm ET|
The NHL sent out a press release Friday afternoon with some interesting information on the Winter Classic set for New Year’s Day at Fenway. According to the league:
· Registrations on NHL.com for an opportunity to purchase tickets to the 2010 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic surpassed 307,000. That eclipsed the number of registrations for last season’s game by more than 25 percent.
· If each person who registered was given the right to purchase two tickets, the NHL could host 15 Winter Classic games at Fenway and still not meet the ticket demand.
· General seating and standing room only tickets are already sold out for the Jan. 8 college hockey doubleheader at Fenway.
· The recently announced celebrity/legends charity hockey game on Jan. 2 at Fenway has sold more than 25,000 tickets.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5