|Update: Colin Campbell won’t apologize to Marc Savard||11.19.10 at 1:15 pm ET|
NHL senior VP and director of game operations Colin Campbell does indeed plan to speak with Bruins center Marc Savard about his recent email comments calling Savard the “biggest faker going” and “a little fake artist.”
But apparently an apology will not be part of the conversation. When the NHL Network asked Campbell if he owed Savard an apology, Campbell said no.
“At some point in time, I’ll sit down with Marc Savard,” began Campbell. “When Marc first came into the league I had him as a coach first out of Oshawa. We were together with the New York Rangers. When I was fired, Marc was sent down. I think Marc liked the fact I was coaching.
“I don’t think it’s an apology. I think it’s an explanation that we have to talk about.”
Savard has been out with post-concussion syndrome, though he has been cleared to practice with the Bruins in non-contact scenarios.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers, Third Period. FINISH THEM.
- Bruins vs. Rangers Game 5 Preview: Please close this out
- Relax, the sky isn't falling
- NHL Draft 2013: An Interactive Visualization of Drafts of Years Past
- Fresh Links: "Buckneresque" Edition
- Madison Square Garden is awful.*
- Friday Morning Skate: It Was Never Going To Be A Sweep