|No suspension for Vancouver’s Alex Burrows in biting incident||06.02.11 at 2:57 pm ET|
The NHL has decided not to suspend Vancouver forward Alex Burrows after he apparently bit Boston’s Patrice Bergeron in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals.
“After reviewing the incident, including speaking with the on-ice officials, I can find no conclusive evidence that Alex Burrows intentionally bit the finger of Patrice Bergeron,” said NHL vice president Mike Murphy.
Burrows has denied biting Bergeron, to which the Bruins’ forward said, “Oh yeah, he did. He cut me a little bit on my finger, but I’m not going to complain about it. I’ll let the league do their job, but he sure did [bite me].”
- Fresh Links: FOURtitude Edition
- Bruins vs. Blackhawks Stanley Cup Final Game 4 Preview: Be the hammer,...
- VIDEO: Extended Stanley Cup Final Game 3 Highlights, with Goucher and...
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Keep It Going
- Fresh Links: Unworthy Edition
- Tuesday Morning Skate: Dat Pass
- Stanley Cup Final: Bruins take game three. Two to go.