|No suspension for Vancouver’s Alex Burrows in biting incident||06.02.11 at 2:57 pm ET|
The NHL has decided not to suspend Vancouver forward Alex Burrows after he apparently bit Boston’s Patrice Bergeron in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup finals.
“After reviewing the incident, including speaking with the on-ice officials, I can find no conclusive evidence that Alex Burrows intentionally bit the finger of Patrice Bergeron,” said NHL vice president Mike Murphy.
Burrows has denied biting Bergeron, to which the Bruins’ forward said, “Oh yeah, he did. He cut me a little bit on my finger, but I’m not going to complain about it. I’ll let the league do their job, but he sure did [bite me].”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5