|B’s sign Wozniewski to a one-year contract||09.09.09 at 5:19 pm ET|
The Boston Bruins announced on Wednesday afternoon that they’ve signed 29-year-old veteran defenseman Andy Wozniewski to a one-year contract. Wozniewski played mostly in the AHL last season for both the Peoria Rivermen and the Scranton Wilkes-Barre Penguins, and racked up 3 goals and 18 assists in 74 games.
Wozniewski also played a single game for the St. Louis Blues last season, and has 12 career points and 81 penalty minutes in 77 NHL games played for the Blues and Maple Leafs in his career. Wozniewski also played 17 games as a freshman for UMass-Lowell in 1999-2000 before transferring to the University of Wisconsin. Wozniewski should provide the Bruins with additional depth along the blueline if injuries hit during training camp or the early season months.
It’s expected that Wozniewski would likely break training camp with the Providence Bruins should the Black and Gold blueline corps remain healthy through the exhibition season.
- Chara owns, and is a fantastic captain
- Fresh Links: The Kids Are Alright Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: All Glory to the Hypno Claude
- Game 1 Gif Recap: Marchand, Big Z, and the Rookie D. Bruins win it in OT.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Third Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, Second Period
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Rangers Game 1, 7:30PM ET