|Tim Thomas to start for Bruins vs. Sharks||02.05.11 at 12:31 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien told the media Saturday that Tim Thomas will be between the pipes when the B’s take on the Sharks in a 1 p.m. matinee. San Jose will counter with Antti Niemi.
Thomas, in the midst of a career year, leads the league in both goals against average (1.82) and save percentage (.945) and is tied for the NHL lead in shutouts (7) and wins (25). In his last start, he made 24 saves in a 3-2 victory over the Hurricanes Monday in Carolina. Niemi is 14-3-3 this season with a 2.75 GAA and .911 save percentage.
Bruins forward Daniel Paille will serve the first game of his four-game suspension Saturday and will be eligible to return Feb. 15 against the Maple Leafs.
- Thursday Morning Skate: Memorial Cup Field Set
- AHL Calder Cup Playoffs: Providence Bruins complete collapse, shut out by...
- Relax, We Got This.
- P-Bruins Game 7 Preview: Well, here we are.
- OTBH: Most Dangerous Lead in Hockey
- Just how bad WAS the Bartkowski and Seidenberg trade with Florida?
- Fresh Links: Yippee Paille Edition