|Tim Thomas to start for Bruins vs. Sharks||02.05.11 at 12:31 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien told the media Saturday that Tim Thomas will be between the pipes when the B’s take on the Sharks in a 1 p.m. matinee. San Jose will counter with Antti Niemi.
Thomas, in the midst of a career year, leads the league in both goals against average (1.82) and save percentage (.945) and is tied for the NHL lead in shutouts (7) and wins (25). In his last start, he made 24 saves in a 3-2 victory over the Hurricanes Monday in Carolina. Niemi is 14-3-3 this season with a 2.75 GAA and .911 save percentage.
Bruins forward Daniel Paille will serve the first game of his four-game suspension Saturday and will be eligible to return Feb. 15 against the Maple Leafs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season