|No Marian Hossa again for Hawks morning skate||06.22.13 at 12:11 pm ET|
CHICAGO — As was the case before Game 4, Marian Hossa was not on the ice for Chicago’s morning skate here at United Center in the hours before Game 5 of the Stanley Cup.
Hossa did not skate on Wednesday morning in Boston but returned to the lineup for Game 4 after missing Game 3 with an upper body injury. Hossa had one assist in 29 shifts Wednesday night, taking just four shots after 10 in Game 2.
And as was the case in Game 4, Chicago coach Joel Quenneville said Hossa will be available and will play. “He will play and we expect him to be better,” Quenneville said.
The extra forwards taking part in Saturday’s morning skate for Chicago were Ben Smith, the Boston College product who took Hossa’s place in Game 3, and agitator Dan Carcillo.
The series is tied, 2-2, heading into Saturday night’s Game 5.
For more on Game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals from DJ Bean and Mike Petraglia in Chicago, visit the Bruins team page at weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5